Monday 5 October 2009

Pick'n'Mix:The Dance Selection/Site visit



We're almost there, by which I mean that by Wednesday I hope that I will have the key to Woolworths to allow us to start rehearsing there in preparation for Pick'n'Mix:The Dance Selection on the 24th October. We visited today to allow some of the choreographers- Bettina Strickler and Dean James - to see the space for the first time. It was great to see their excitement and enthusiasm at the possibilities of the space and to realise that they see possibilities that I hadn't noticed.

I'm still a little anxious that I'm the one who's carrying the financial risk for the project. If I'm not successful in my Grants for the Arts application, there's a big shortfall in the budget which I have taken responsibility for - it was the only way to ensure that the project takes place. And Pick'n'Mix:The Dance Selection has to happen, not just this once but again: I've already identified four or five more choreographers who can't take part on the 24th that should be in another programme. Maybe it's a franchise!

No comments: